When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Florida, invest in real estate. Our attorneys are very bullish on the Florida real estate market, and have the connections and skills to enable our clients to find and close upon attractive properties located throughout Florida. We offer trust fund services, can write title insurance and act as closing agents for all types of residential and commercial real estate transactions. Our clients include some of the most respected developers in the Tampa Bay area. Our services are not limited to buying and selling real estate, but also include most other major areas of real estate law. Our attorneys know that it is just as important to keep your assets as it is to acquire your assets, and so we assist our clients in sophisticated asset protection strategies to keep your wealth in your pocket and not someone else’s.
Our Practice Strengths:
- Lexium attorneys represent domestic and international clients in the sale, purchase, financing, and development of office buildings, shopping centers, healthcare facilities, single and multifamily residences, and condominiums.
- We routinely work with buyers and sellers in 1031 tax-free exchanges.
- We act as title insurance agents and closers of real estate purchases and sales.
- We represent lenders in financing and refinancing real estate purchases.
- We regularly work with homeowners’ associations and condominium associations in all types of their legal matters, including assessment and fine collections, covenant enforcement, amendments to documents, contract negotiations, developer turnover compliance, annual meeting materials preparation, and administration and supervision of elections and meetings.
- We have litigated condominium and HOA cases in state courts and represented association and developer clients in arbitration proceedings overseen by the Florida Division of Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes.
- We have prepared various communities’ declarations and other charter documents from the inception of such communities, and oversee the approval process for such documentation by the Florida Division of Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes.
- Our attorneys prepare and negotiate leases of commercial properties (industrial, retail and office) and residential properties.
- We represent landlords and tenants in evictions and lease disputes.