Lexium attorneys appreciate the high stakes of compliance in the healthcare industry. Our clients count on us to properly structure transactions and relationships between healthcare providers to keep them out of trouble. We advise clients concerning cutting edge legal areas such as telemedicine and multi-state marketing of healthcare products and services in the Internet age. Some of our attorneys have owned their own healthcare businesses, and know full well how challenging it can be to keep abreast of the proliferating rules and regulations that can confound healthcare practitioners. We try to move mountains to provide our clients with solutions to their healthcare legal challenges and issues – not just recite lists of potential concerns.
Our Practice Strengths:
- We routinely represent pharmacies (community, chain, mail order, independent, institutional, compounding, Internet, nonresident, and specialty), pharmacists, and others involved in the pharmaceutical and medical equipment delivery system, including compliance with the Florida Pharmacy Act, the Controlled Substances Act, and the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
- We assist a diverse group of healthcare practitioners and facilities in their fraud and abuse, kickbacks, self-referral rules, safe harbors and false claims compliance issues.
- We have exceptional strength in structuring, documenting and closing mergers and acquisitions of healthcare companies, including planning the due diligence review and financing for such transactions.
- We help our healthcare clients with licensure, accreditation, certification and provider network acceptance issues, including start-up and change of ownership (CHOW) licensure/accreditation.
- Our services include structuring and forming entities for start-ups, including preparation of organizations’ charter documentation, from simple to complex.
- We have a long history of successfully keeping our clients on the right side of the law in providing telemedicine services.
- We handle out clients’ employment law issues, including covenants not to compete and other restrictive covenants.
- We regularly respond to regulatory investigations and inquiries, as well as represent our clients facing administrative actions, complaints, and licensure disciplinary proceedings.
- We have represented our clients before the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration and the Florida Board of Pharmacy, among other agencies.
- Our attorneys have prosecuted and defended many types of healthcare related litigation matters in federal and state courts.
- We advise clients concerning HIPAA compliance.
- We assist our senior living facility clients concerning their residency contracts, kickback issues and other regulatory compliance issues.
- We advise physicians, physician practices, dentists, chiropractic doctors, clinical laboratories, pain clinics and marketing groups concerning their contracting, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance issues.