Nataliia is admitted to practice in the U.S. and Ukraine. She has both litigation and business transaction experience. She focuses on international and domestic corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on real estate, corporate formation, and financial and investment transactions. She has acquired extensive experience in areas of corporate law pertaining to international business, including mergers and acquisitions, project finance, real estate, commercial litigation and arbitration.
Nataliia has drafted and negotiated a wide variety of contracts, including asset and stock purchase agreements, commodity trading contracts, construction contracts, joint venture agreements, and secured credit agreements. Nataliia has also advised on complex business transactions, assisted in the closing of financing and refinancing deals, provided legal opinions in finance and real estate transactions, and conducted due diligence on a number of enterprises.
Nataliia also represents clients in trial and appellate courts, administrative hearings, arbitration, and mediation. Practice areas include: complex commercial disputes (including breach of contract), employment (including unpaid wages, discrimination, sexual harassment and whistle-blower cases), insurance coverage, professional negligence, torts, construction and real estate disputes. Nataliia began practicing law in Kyiv, Ukraine and has held legal advisor positions in companies located in Europe (including one of the top twenty companies on the Fortune Global 500 list). Nataliia emphasizes a vigorous, yet cost-sensitive, approach to client representation and aims to achieve an early resolution of any matter that is beneficial to the client.
Nataliia is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013.
Honors: Dean’s Honor List: Spring 2012; Fall 2013. CALI Award (highest grade in class) for Evidence, Spring 2012; Immigration Law, Spring 2012; Advanced Legal Writing, Fall 2013.
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Lawyer, Specialist’s Degree (Ukrainian equivalent to J.D.), with Highest Honors, 2000.
- Member: The Florida Bar
- Member: Kyiv Regional Bar (Ukraine)
- Won reversal in insurance coverage action involving duty to defend and duty to indemnify. Alicea Enterprises, Inc. v. Nationwide Ins. Co. of Am., 252 So. 3d 799 (Fla. 2d DCA 2018).
- Conducted due diligence, prepared disclosure schedules and other transactional documents in $50 million sales transaction.
- Conducted due diligence, prepared disclosure schedules and other transactional documents in in $16 million acquisition of ophthalmology practice.
- Represented foreign nationals (lead attorney) in numerous business acquisitions (including $1 million acquisition of restaurant business).
- Represented an international corporation in connection with its $10 million acquisition of Illichivsk Grain Terminal, LLC.
- Represented an international corporation in connection with $10 million construction financing.
- Advised on $7 million financing of Odessa Oil Extraction Plant, LLC.
- Advised a major European bank on a $43.5 million loan to a Ukrainian oil extraction plant.
- Advised a major UK bank on financing Poltava Oil Company.
- Represented one of the largest tobacco and cigarette producers in Europe in the acquisition of a Ukrainian tobacco factory. Conducted due diligence in connection with the acquisition.
- Conducted due diligence in connection with the acquisition of a cement plant.