John Crivelli is a co-founder of Lexium. He represents a diverse group of clients in general corporate transactions, including corporate finance, venture capital, private equity, startup and early stage representation, and merger and acquisition transactions. He regularly counsels early and middle stage companies on all aspects of raising capital through and structuring equity and debt, including Series Seed, Series A and convertible note transactions. John is experienced in buy and sell side merger and acquisition transactions, including rollups, leveraged buyouts, strategic add ons and corporate divestitures. He represents a variety of middle market companies in connection with their acquisition and corporate development strategy, and has held executive level business positions in corporate and strategic business development with various privately held companies throughout the course of his career. As such, his skill set ranges beyond traditional legal counseling, to deal structuring, valuation, and inorganic growth strategies. His diverse background in corporate transactions and corporate finance makes him a sought after counselor for complex deal structuring.
John began practicing law in Tampa, Florida as an associate of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, and has held “of counsel” roles at various law firms, and senior executive business roles at privately held companies, prior to co-founding Lexium. John believes that effective legal counsel encompasses more than the law but entails a deep understanding of finance and corporate strategy.
- University of Florida, Hough School of Business, M.B.A., 2002
- University of Florida, Levin School of Law, J.D.; Senior Notes and Comments Editor, Florida Law Review, magna cum laude, 1997
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A. in Political Science, cum laude, 1994.
- Member: The Florida Bar
- Admitted to Practice: U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Negotiated, structured and closed strategic acquisition on sell side of leading US retail tire sales and service chain to Bridgestone Firestone.
- Structured sale of leading US gaming computer company to Dell.
- Structured sale of leading food packaging equipment company to Robert Bosch America.
- Represented investor in Series A investment biotech investment in Israel.
- Represented licensor in strategic licensing transaction for leading South American wax and polish brand.
- Represented buyer in rollup acquisition strategy of over fifty optometric clinics.
- Represented seller in disposition of leading midwest dental chain to acquisition group.
- Structured and negotiated 2 ABL loan facilities for largest independent LG television distributor with Wells Fargo Bank as part of company recapitalization.
- Represented principals in private equity sale of leading US digital retail advertising agency.
- Negotiated sale of largest north Florida Papa John's Pizza franchise group to strategic acquirer.
- Negotiated sale of most profitable World of Beer franchise group in West Florida area.
- Negotiated joint venture for operation of fast growing boutique hotel chain in the Southwest.